Exercise During Menopause
These two concepts are not something you think of together, but you should. If you consider some of the most important ways to balance your perimenopause and menopause experience, exercise should be close to the top of your list.
If you don’t exercise at all you need to start. If you tend to over-exercise, (yes it is a real thing!), you need to rethink your approach.
The number one reason exercise during menopause should be on your “get it done” list is because it helps balance out your hormones. Another added bonus? Exercise lowers insulin levels. Why is this fact important? Insulin plays a significant role during menopause as it works to compensate for diminishing estrogen levels.
So, then, what type of exercise is best for menopause? How much? How often?
Don’t worry, we break it all down in this week’s episode. Here’s a little preview:
- Interval training – what type, how it works best
- Cardio consideration – the right amount and how much is too much
- Supplement suggestions for bone loss and potential joint pain
- Calming exercises – Pilates, Yoga, TaiChi, and why they work so well during menopause
- Your “Exercise Bucket List” – let’s be reasonable here!
- Post workout nutrition – how much protein is too much?
- Why fat is important for perimenopause and menopause